What are potential side effects of treatments for ear infections?

Dr. David Lee
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Various

There are many possible side effects for the many various treatments for ear infections.

In brief: Various

Dr. David Lee
Dr. David Lee
Dr. Mary Ann Block
General Practice

In brief: Side effects occur

Antibiotics given for ear inf.
Can kill the good bacteria in the gut creating an environment for bacteria, parasites to grow. Some have life threatening effects to antibiotics. Tubes in ears can cause scarring and long term hearing loss. Studies show that 90% will heal without treatment. I developed a massage that drains the fluid from the ears and stops infections.

In brief: Side effects occur

Antibiotics given for ear inf.
Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Patrick Melder
Tubes do not cause long term hearing loss. Scarring is of no consequence