What are potential side effects of treatments for ear infections?

Various. There are many possible side effects for the many various treatments for ear infections.
Side effects occur. Antibiotics given for ear inf. Can kill the good bacteria in the gut creating an environment for bacteria, parasites to grow. Some have life threatening effects to antibiotics. Tubes in ears can cause scarring and long term hearing loss. Studies show that 90% will heal without treatment. I developed a massage that drains the fluid from the ears and stops infections.