How do I get over my irrational fear of losing control even when im not the one at risk, my elderly parent is?

Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Losing control
Is the "risk" one of actually losing control or just being afraid of losing control.
Watching an elderly parent fail slowly over time does tend to make one very aware of control issues, as there is basically no control over this. Is your parent "afraid" or just you? At the heart of most of these control issues is a fear of death and disease that we usually don't want to think about. Talk about it.

In brief: Losing control
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Jonathan Jassey