I still throw temper tantrums, and I want it to stop. Is it because I have a need for control?

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral
In brief: The simple explana-
tion is that you've received positive or negative attention that has reinforced your using tantrums as a way to get what you want or to avoid doing what you don't want to do.
Since you recognize that tantrums are no longer age-appropriate, the next step is to see your doctor, a psychiatrist & a psychologist to rule out contributing medical or mental health issues, then develop a treatment plan.

In brief: The simple explana-
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine
In brief: No
Temper tantrums arise from the lower part of the brain that is really a computer. When its cells have mild to moderate compromise in oxidative metabolism their acttion becomes grossly exaggerated.
Since that is where we generate emotional reflexes, this explains your problem. Please go to my blog "oxygen the spark of life" for further explanation. You can google it.

In brief: No
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Jonathan Jassey