Where are cancerous tumors usually found with throat cancer?

Vague question. "throat cancer" is a vague layman's term which can encompass many different problems. In general, most head and neck "throat cancers" are squamous cell cancers, which are commonly associated with smoking, drinking and hpv infection. They can occur anywhere there is squamous mucosa: tongue, tonsil, palate, throat, larynx, etc. See you ENT for an exam or screening.
Several sites. The hypopharynx, base of tongue, larynx, tonsils, epiglottis, piriform sinus, aryepiglotic fold, and supra glottic larynx.