Are preemies more susceptible to learning difficulties than other children?

This spring a former pt & 14oz premi named the "littlest angel" by local media, graduated from baylor & reminds me that even those with a troublesome start can do great.
Neonatal units are not a perfect substitute for a womb & number wise there is a correlation with intensity of neonatal problems & learning problems later. Each child is unique & early childhood programs help monitor progress.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the case.
However it is not definite that if a child was born prematurely they will have learning difficulties. This is something that needs to be followed over the course of years prior to and then during school. There are times when an infant is severely premature but will not have any learning problems.

Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Jonathan Jassey