What can I do to stop irritable bowel syndrome? Happens even when I don't eat anything all day.

Dr. Vivek Huilgol
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Not eating not good
Not eating leads to its own GI manifestations as the gut 'clears itself' to prepare for food.
This normal process may make you think your gut is acting up. I suggest you eat small meals of healthy food regularly.

In brief: Not eating not good
Dr. Vivek Huilgol
Dr. Vivek Huilgol
Dr. Michael Rothman
In brief: Metabolic therapy
Irritable bowel syndrome is the multifactorial consequence of hormonal, immune system and nervous system dysfunction resulting from genetic predispositions and dietary and environmental insults.
The predominant symptoms like diarrhea cramps constipation are the result of autonomic nervous system instability. Pts like you may benefit from a metabolically directed approach check out mdwellnessmd.Com.

In brief: Metabolic therapy
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Cindy Juster