Does being overweight mean i'll have gestational diabetes?

It could. Being overweight increases your chance of gestational diabetes, but it doesn't mean it's a "sure thing." if you're not pregnant yet, do your best to get in shape. If you're pregnant already, talk to your OB doctor and ask what you can do to prevent or minimize diabetes and risks to your baby.
Not necessarily. Gestational diabetes is the result of excessive sugar and carbohydrate intake which causes high blood sugar levels, which then make your Insulin levels rise. Plus the hormone changes in preg make prob worse.. Over time the chronically high Insulin levels lead to Insulin resistance and you will need to make higher and higher levels of insulin. You must improve your diet or you will end up with dm.