After dilation, eyes very blurred, but can see okay with glasses, when not dilated. Indicates cataract surgery? Is cataracts reversible?

No. Everyone's vision becomes blurred with dilation for examination. Cataracts are an clouding of the eye lens that can occur naturally with aging. They are not reversible. However, surgery to remove and insert an artificial lens is indicated only when vision loss affects your activities of daily living, e.g. driving, watching TV, reading the newspaper. The surgery is brief and almost painless. .
Reverse cataracts? Blur normal after dilation normal (lasts @4hr). Cataracts can't be reversed. N-acetylcarnosine (NAC): small studies showed improve VA in cataract pts. BUT, no double blind, randomized, prospective tudies; trials paid for by company/vested interest; not FDA approved. Surgery only cure. Sun protection & eating a diet rich in antioxidants may help prevent worsening. More info [email protected]