Do men or women have a harder time dealing with birth defects ?

In brief: INDIVIDUAL ISSUE

The reaction any adult has to a loss is based on countless past experiences in their life,current health and stress level, and other undefined factors.
I have seen fathers leave a delivery room and disappear or the mother need long term antidepressants with the identical defect.I have also seen them rise to the occasion and become a stronger couple.

In brief: INDIVIDUAL ISSUE

Dr. Cristina Carballo
Pediatrics - Neonatology

In brief: No difference

Everyone reacts to birth defects differently.
The loss of a "normal" baby causes the grieving process to begin. Everyone is an individual and reacts according to their previous experiences in life.

In brief: No difference

Dr. Cristina Carballo
Dr. Cristina Carballo
Dr. Adam Levy