I'm taking yasmin (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) for b.C. Is it safe to have sex during the 7 day (right before my period) off the pill before starting with the new pack?

Yes, if ... If you are taking the pills correctly: meaning you are taking a 28 day pack and not missing any pills. In that situation you are using the pills appropriately and you should not be able to get pregnant since you should not be making an egg (ovulating). Be aware that missing the active pills or taking antibiotics along with the bc pills can decrease their effectiveness, which is typically about 98%.