I have flu like symptoms and am itchy all over my legs. So much so, im bleeding from itching. Can this just be really bad allergies?

Dr. David Menchell
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Itching and a cold

It is not unusual to see itching and rashes, such as hives, in association with viral infections.
This is thought to be due to the transient development of circulating immune complexes, an amalgam of antibodies and viral particles which form as the body fights back and clears the infection. These complexes can trigger the release of chemicals, such as histamine, causing itching, not an allergy.

In brief: Itching and a cold

Dr. David Menchell
Dr. David Menchell
Dr. Michelle Chambers
Dermatology

In brief: See doctor

Could be viral, could be a drug reaction or could be allergies.
You should see a doctor if symptoms don't resolve in a week or so.

In brief: See doctor

Dr. Michelle Chambers
Dr. Michelle Chambers
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine