What is the likelihood of oral cancer in my 20s and I don't smoke or drink but occasionally exposed to 2nd hand smoke?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology
In brief: The current hot
Topic is for the human papiloma virus, hpv, types 16 & 18.
These are associated for sure with throat cancers (oropharynx), and many assume oral (tongue, cheek, floor of mouth, alveolar ridge) but im not sure. Many believe these viruses, which cause cervix cancer & genital warts, access the upper tract sexually. 2nd smoke a factor in lung, ? Oral cancer. I doubt it!

In brief: The current hot
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Pathology
In brief: Near nil
You have no risk factors, with the only unknown being the status of hpv infection.
Keeping up with the healthful habits you are into is helpful.

In brief: Near nil
Dr. Vicken Poochikian