I have enlarged lymph nodes in my neck, extreme fatigue, itchy, and very weak. And all blood work is normal could this still be lymphoma?

Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

If you have lymph nodes that are large and persistent for more than about 4-6 weeks, you should have a biopsy.

Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Michael Thompson
I agree, but would add the general statement -- "without and underlying obvious etiology" -- that is lymphadenopathy can be present from other known diseases (eg sarcoidosis) or chronic problems (chronic UTIs, sinusitis, bronchiectasis, etc). Without those, and worsening symptoms, a biopsy can help.
Dr. Kathleen Hands
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

If you have abnormal ln in neck, they should undergo biopsy.
If they look like lymphoma on ultrasound, the biopsy needs to run rpmi for flow cytometry to make diagnosisd. Ln can occur in many diseases. Mono, cmv, and chronic viral illnesses and cat scratch. So seek care after an appropriate us has been performed. Your doc may try a course of antibiotics to see if it improves.

Dr. Kathleen Hands
Dr. Kathleen Hands
Dr. Marsha Davis