I had carpal tunnel surgery and trigger finger release surgery a week ago and my hand is really stiff and swollen. I was told I needed to bend my fin?

MOVING fingers fully. after surgery for CTS or trigger finger is very important. I always tell my surgical patients that when they return to the office after surgery I want to see them make a full fist AND straighten their fingers out so they can lay their hand flat. Speak to your surgeon to make sure you are doing the right thing , but most agree on this. Not "overdo" it BUTlike touching ones toes, after it is easier.
Carpal tunnel. It is very important to use the hand after carpal tunnel surgery to avoid swelling and stiffness. The muscles in your hand force blood and lymph out of the hand and into veins which bring the fluid back to the heart. Warm moist heat will reduce the stiffness, elevate the hand, and apply ice to reduce swelling. If no improvement, the surgeon may prescribe occupational therapy to speed recovery.
You should . Call your surgeon and inform them. While waiting I would ice the hand (with I've bag) and try and elevate the hand above heart level. .