Eye swollen an purple on the top eyelid its hot an buring vision blury! what is this an what can I do to help this? It hurts in my eye like a throbbn

Dr. Azhar Salahuddin
Ophthalmology

In brief: See your doc

If the pain and swelling is only on your upper eyelid, you may have an infected stye (called a hordeolum).
You would also notice a lump which hurts to touch. If this is the case, you may need antibiotics, so see your doctor.

In brief: See your doc

Dr. Azhar Salahuddin
Dr. Azhar Salahuddin
Dr. Barbara Hummel

In brief: Eye pain

I would suggest that you go to an emergency room. This could be anything from an infection to severe glaucoma -- a true eye emergency.

In brief: Eye pain

Dr. Barbara Hummel
Dr. Barbara Hummel
Dr. William Forsythe