Had 4 shots to numb before partial crown and next day chin/lip became numb. Root canal followed & 12 days later my lip/chin still numb. Paraesthesia?

In brief: Nerve injury

Yes it could be paresthesia.
could have been caused by physical trauma during the injection, or by the solutions. the vast majority of these resolve on their own most within 2-4 weeks although some take up to a year.

In brief: Nerve injury

Yes it could be paresthesia.
Dr. Keith Hollander
Dr. Keith Hollander
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Unfortunately

Unfortunately nerve damage is an occasional vexing complication of Dental treatment.
Parasthesia is usually transient but sometimes permanent. Recovery can take days to many months. Please return to your Dentist for an evaluation.

In brief: Unfortunately

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Contact dentist!

You have waited a long time and it seems unlikely that this is clearing up on its' own.
Definitely call the dentist to describe the situation and ask him to correct whatever went wrong. Don't try to self diagnose, it will not help you in any way. I hope the dentist will discover the cause and make it right as soon as possible. This followup should be part of the procedure done. Best wishes!

In brief: Contact dentist!

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Eric Weisman