I have sharp pains in upper back?

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management
In brief: Unclear
It could be muscle spasm.
I suggest being seen by your pcp.

In brief: Unclear
It could be muscle spasm.
I suggest being seen by your pcp.
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. John Ayres
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Its possible
You may have sharp pains in your upper back.
There can be many reasons for pain. This can be a primary back problem or stress, ulcer, or overuse. A little bit more information is needed here. Is is achey, sharp, or throbbing? What is it accompanied by? What makes it better or worse?

In brief: Its possible
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. Marc Hirsch
In brief: Depends on your age
If you are young and otherwise healthy, or even if you are older, this could be a "pinched nerve.
" if you smoke it begins to get more complicated. If it interferes with your quality of life your spine will need to be imaged and you will need an exam of the nerve function in your arms.

In brief: Depends on your age
Dr. Marc Hirsch
Dr. Marc Hirsch
Dr. Vikram Patel