I'm 31 days post op. Bunion removal & pipj fusion of second toe, pin in second toe is a little loose & moves up/down turns sideways. Is this normal?

Dr. David Wander
Podiatry

In brief: Not abnormal

It is not unusual for the pin, which is usually a "K-wire" to feel slightly loose.
The "K-wire" is usually smooth and not threaded like a screw (though there are threaded K wires). As a result, it can feel loose. I encourage all post operative patients to seek the advice of the surgeon who performed the procedure(s). Your surgeon has the ability to evaluate your foot and the X-rays.

In brief: Not abnormal

Dr. David Wander
Dr. David Wander

In brief: Call your surgeon

Assuming you haven't done anything to disrupt the healing and have been compliant with your post operative instructions, at 31 days, swelling can be reducing and the pin which is in the 2nd digit may be loose.
Average within the 6 week post op period that the pins can be pulled out. Call your surgeon to uodate on your current situation

In brief: Call your surgeon

Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
Dr. Andrea Brand