I have a fine, papular, kinda itchy rash that has broken out on most of my face. It seems to be spreading out over the rest of my face. What can I do for it? Have tried Benadryl (diphenhydramine) lotion and tablets.

Contact dermatitis. Most rashes that are fine and itchy are related to an allergic reaction to a substance that the skin came in contact. On the face, it could be a soap, cosmetic, or an airborne substance. It may respond to Hydrocortisone cream that could be applied 3 times a day. The 1% cream that is available otc is safe to use on your face for a week or so, but if there is no response, get it checked out. .
A # of possibilities. It's hard to tell what your rash is due to without actually seeing it. But here are some clues: if it involves the nose and spreads outward with a fair degree of redness it may be rosacea. If it spares the nose but involves the cheeks then this could actually be a photosensitivity reaction or even an allergic reaction to the products you're putting on your face. A Dermatlogist could tell & Rx...