"what is the type of stroke caused by hypertension and diabetes?"

Dr. Lori Wagner

In brief: Mainly 2 types

Ischemic strokes (where the blood supply is lessened) are associated with both hypertension and diabetes.
Hemmorhagic strokes (where blood leaks out of the vessels) is primarily associated with hypertension. Embolic strokes (where clots travel from the heart to the brain) is mainly associated with abnormal heart rhythms. But, hypertension and diabetes increase your risk of a stroke overall as well.

In brief: Mainly 2 types

Dr. Lori Wagner
Dr. Lori Wagner
Dr. Edward Smith
Neurology

In brief: Wheel of fortune?

There is no "signature stroke" type for either of those 2 conditions.
I can you statistics but so what? Any type of stroke is statistically more common with either condition. The point is this: if you think a stroke is occurring, you are dealing with a true medical emergency--"time is brain". Get action fast, worry about statistics later.

In brief: Wheel of fortune?

Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Edward Smith