I have had leg numbness starting from my toes up my leg what could I be suffering from?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Numbness

If you have suffered a nerve injury to your lower back, this can cause sensory loss in your feet and legs.
If you have a herniated disk, which puts pressure on the spinal nerves, this can lead to leg and feet numbness. Vascular claudication occurs when there is plaque build up, which restricts the flow of blood to an area. It can cause a tingling sensation as well as pain and numbness. Atheroscler.

In brief: Numbness

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. John Ayres
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: It depends

Numbness can come from either a problem with the nerves or circulation.
A pinched nerve in the back (sciatica) or leg (neuropathy) can lead to numbness in the lateral calf or top of your foot. Poor circulation can also cause numbness. Does your back bother you or do you have cold feet? Do you have diabetes or other medical problem that could be causing this?

In brief: It depends

Dr. John Ayres
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. Jeffrey Tedder
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Peripheral neuropath

In brief: Peripheral neuropath

Peripheral neuropathy or radicular neuritis.
Dr. Jeffrey Tedder
Dr. Jeffrey Tedder