What can I do to help my 4 week old breastfed withh stomach pain, gas? I've tried mylicon, colic calm, burping. Moans and grunts and has ahard stomach

Dr. Theresa Willett
In brief: Tummy & back rubs
Sounds like you have already tried most of the recommended steps! sometimes if too much gas, either from air swallowing while nursing or crying, tummy time w back rub can help move the gas.
(buns up-> gas rises!) if stools are too hard (rare on breastmilk), you could give up to 1oz/day of prune juice to add fiber. If belly is firm and tender, best to see dr asap for exam and more options.

In brief: Tummy & back rubs
Dr. Theresa Willett
Dr. Theresa Willett
Dr. Ratna Dhingra
In brief: What is he drinking?
could be a milk or formula intolerance.
have you tried a change of formula--that may help.

In brief: What is he drinking?
could be a milk or formula intolerance.
Dr. Ratna Dhingra
Dr. Ratna Dhingra
In brief: Don't assume pain
The average 1mo will fuss for whatever reason & spontaneously bring their elbows in, their legs up & cry using their diaphragm muscle.
All this makes the stomach bow out & everyone assumes the hard belly is hurting when it is really the result of the diaphragm muscle contracting.There is no way to find out if it's a stomach ache.All spit up some so we assume they might but may not.

In brief: Don't assume pain
Dr. Jonathan Jassey