I'm not responding to any meds given for sudden onset peripheral neuropathy of the feet. Can dilaten help.Tried gabapenten lyrica (pregabalin) Elavil cymbalta.

Dr. Adam Lewis
Neurosurgery

In brief: Dilantin

The use of Dilantin is unlikely to reduce the pain of peripheral neuropathy if the other anti-convulsant medications have failed to relieve the pain.
Alternative treatments such as transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation, capsaicin cream, Lidocaine patches and identifying and treating the cause of the neuropathy may help you feel better.

In brief: Dilantin

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Dilantin

also called Phenytoin is rarely used for chronic pain conditions but can be considered a second-line medication when other drugs have failed.
Its primary use is to prevent partial seizures and to manage epilepsy, It is also effective for trigeminal neuralgia and complex neuropathies. I hope you meant Dilantin and not dilaten ?

In brief: Dilantin

Dr. Eric Weisman