How will my doctor know if I have vulvar cancer?

Exam and biopsy. Part of your pelvic exam is an examination of the vulva. It is important to mention any symptoms you are having there to focus this examination. A biopsy of the suspicious area is used to make or rule out the diagnosis.
The major job of. Any physician is to distinguish what is normal from what is not. History; physical exam, lab tests, imaging, and biopsy have roles. The expert in this is the gynecologist, perhaps the gynecologic oncologist, but good family doctors can tell you most of the time.