I put on my retainers after 3years, they didn't want to fit but I forced them to fit, they hurt, should I wait until my teeth gets used to it?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: Probably okay.

Chances are, since your teeth have moved a good deal in those 3 years.
At this point, the metal of the retainer will likely bend to your teeth, than the other way around. You likely won't be harming them, but you probably won't achieve the cosmetic results you want either.

In brief: Probably okay.

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. James Yang
Dentistry

Yes keep wearing wo damaging any teeth by forcing.

Dr. James Yang
Dr. James Yang
Dr. Wayne Roccia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Teeth will shift

Often times our teeth will shift when orthodontic retainers are not worn for a period of time.
Depending on how tight the retainer is in place, i would use caution when "forcing" it in. Although your teeth may be sore, continued wear of the retainer will often guide your teeth back into place. See your orthodontist for a better evaluation.

In brief: Teeth will shift

Dr. Wayne Roccia
Dr. Wayne Roccia
Dr. Andrea Brand