My throat is dry and itchy causing me to cough, I am currently breastfeeding, are any cough suppressents safe?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Treatment...
You probably don't need a cough suppressant.
Your cough is likely due to post-nasal drip and there are effective treatments for that. Since that includes prescription nasal sprays, you should have this evaluated by your doctor. Good luck!

In brief: Treatment...
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Honey
Honey is a good cough suppressant, and ok to take during pregnancy.
Start with 1-2 teaspoons every 4-6 hours. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids, especially water, tea with lemon. Soothe your throat with lozenges. If you have gestational diabetes, be sure to clear this with your doctor, as honey will increase your blood sugar.

In brief: Honey
Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham