Can u get a hernia in ur belly button? It doesn't bulge at all, nor hurt really, but kind of goes up & down when I stick my finger in & push. No pain.

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice
In brief: YES,umbilical hernia
Yes! umbilical hernias are common (there is a natural defect from birth-from the umbilical cord).
When you push on the hernia-you are 'reducing it'. When a hernia becomes painful they should be repaired (usually with a gortex patch). Most important: an 'incarcerated hernia' where the hernia remains bulged out with severe pain (due to lack of blood flow to an area or bowel intestine)--emergency!

In brief: YES,umbilical hernia
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Surgery
It is probably a hernia.
Should have a surgeon see you.

It is probably a hernia.
Should have a surgeon see you.
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery