What are the side effects of "lignocaine (lidocaine)" local anesthetic?

Dose. At small doses, not really many. At toxic doses, can see seizure or heart arrythmia. A careful practitioner can use this drug very safely and effectively and recognize signs of trouble early. Other side effects depend on area being blocked or additives (epinephrine, preservative).
Few side effects. When Lidocaine is injected into an area (such as around a tooth) to numb it, there are usually no side effects. If Epinephrine is added to lidocaine, it may cause a rapid heart beat or a rise in blood pressure. If Lidocaine is given IV to treat an abnormal heart rhythm, it may briefly cause ringing in the ears or a feeling of dizziness.