If a child says he sees ghosts, is that a reason suspect a mental problem?

In brief: No
Kids often say this.
If he is otherwise normal. Iwould not worry about it.

In brief: No
Kids often say this.
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Lily Bhattacharya
I would take it seriously and ask him what he sees, when, how long, who is it, etc. Establish a pattern and see if you contact a medium or spiritual person who works with ghosts to get rid of them or find out if they are giving a message to your child for some reason. Good luck. some Mental health professionals are intuitively gifted like myself. feel free to contact me. Good luck.
Dr. Lily Bhattacharya
Clinical Psychology
In brief: No she/he may be
intuitively gifted.
If you are open to the idea,the child is in good hands. If not, find a child someone comfortable talking with them about ghosts and see what comes up. Are the thinking of a dead relative, or see ghosts in their home only. Find out if there is a reason to believe your child before dismissing them. i saw spirits as a child. My dad believed me. That was helpful.

In brief: No she/he may be
intuitively gifted.
Dr. Lily Bhattacharya
Dr. Lily Bhattacharya
Dr. Shontae Buffington