Does this cancer prevent me from considering estrogen-replacement therapy?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Breast Cancer?

May or may not have estrogen receptors, but the unbridled use of post menopausal estrogen to prevent hot flashes resulted in increased frequency of breast cancer.
For unbearble symptoms, some experts use ginger doses in patients with breast cancer, but there are risks that it may fuel growth and metastasis, especially if the tumor was er+. I would not do it for me or loved one.

In brief: Breast Cancer?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Stephen Noga
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Which cancer?

If you are talking about breast cancer, this is a question to be discussed with your oncologist and also an endocrinologist who has worked with woman with breast or ovarian cancer.

In brief: Which cancer?

Dr. Stephen Noga
Dr. Stephen Noga
Dr. Adam Levy