Why is it that when I eat some sweet stuff like gummy candy or rich chocolate my teeth feel real sensitive to it like a slight ache for a second?

Dr. Michael Finkelstein

In brief: You may have a

sensitivity to sweets and need to see a dentist to assess your need for Fluoride dental work or other tooth related issues

In brief: You may have a

Dr. Michael Finkelstein
Dr. Michael Finkelstein

In brief: Sweet sensativity

The sugar changes the flow of fluids in and out of the tubules in the root of the tooth.
Like the grain in a piece of wood, the tubules can move fluids and the cells that live within the tubules respond by sensing the change and transmitting pain sensation

In brief: Sweet sensativity

Dr. Keith Hollander
Dr. Keith Hollander
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Hollander is correct. Sometimes teeth become sensitive from cavities, root exposure (gum recession), fractures, excessive or eccentric wear, or many other reasons. Have you asked your Dentist to evaluate your sensitivity?
Dr. Adam Smith