My Dr. Told me at my follow up appt that he no longer prescribes the meds I have been on for years. It was klonopin (clonazepam) 1mg. He didn't refil. Bad pt.care?

In brief: Not neccessarily

Your physician may have seen a negative outcome in one or more patients & or read literature that has caused him to be leary to prescribe Klonopin (clonazepam).
If you were to stop Klonopin (clonazepam) - it is best to taper off it under medical supervision. While some prescribers remain open to long term use of benzodiazapines others limit it to short term use. If you feel strongly about the need to remain on Klonopin (clonazepam) -

In brief: Not neccessarily

then it looks like you will need to find a provider who feels more comfortable prescribing it to you. Be well.
Dr. Edward Berg
Neurosurgery

In brief: Tapering off Klonopi

should be done over time if taken for considerable amount of time.
The withdrawal effects of Benzodiazapines can be quite uncomfortable if not done this way. These medications should not be abruptly stopped. I would find another Dr. so you can do this if this is your goal. If it was helping, then it's not a bad drug per se to stay on.

In brief: Tapering off Klonopi

Dr. Edward Berg
Dr. Edward Berg