Can there be a link between breast cancer and ovarian cancer?

Yes, there can be. There are some genetic blood tests brca type. So far, there is brca I and brca 2. This doesn't mean you can't have an inherited form of breast ca and ovarian ca---as of now not yet discovered, and no blood test to determine a patient's risk. A woman can have breast and ovarian cancer and have negative genetic tests----we don't have all the answers yet.
Hereditary Link. App. 10% of all cases of breast and ovarian ca in the us are of the hereditary type, many of which are associated with mutations in the brca genes. Women with brca mutations have a 60-70% lifetime risk of developing breast ca and a 15-40% chance of ovarian ca. Women with a strong family history of breast and/or ovarian ca may have a simple blood test to check for these mutations.
Yes. Hereditary breast cancer increases your risk of both ovarian and breasts cancers.