Whats the use of pilocarpine eye drops?

Eye pressure treatin. Pilocarpine is a classic drug used to lower the internal eye pressure as a treatment for glaucoma. It can also adjust the pupil to help prevent acute glaucoma attacks. It has a number of side effects and must be used frequently each day, so it has fallen out of favor due to more useful eyedrops now available. But it is still useful in some patients.
Little, these days. Pilocarpine was once the mainstay of treatment for glaucoma. It isn't used much any more due to development of newer, better medications with fewer side effects. Some folks, who may have been using it for a long time, may still use it. Pilocarpine has been advocated by some as a treatment for dry eye, owing to the fact that it is so irritating, it can cause tearing!