I have forgotten to take my pentasa (mesalamine) tablets for Crohn's , should I be worried?

Dr. Jonah Essers
Pediatrics - Gastroenterology

In brief: Retake

Just restart them. Typically if you miss one or two doses, nothing bad should happen in such a short period of time.
However if you are ROUTINELY missing doses, you are more likely to have a flare up. If you really don't think you can take your medications without forgetting, discuss other medical options with your GI doctor

In brief: Retake

Dr. Jonah Essers
Dr. Jonah Essers
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Start up again

It sounds as if you'd forgotten for a short time.
Just start taking your medication again as instructed and follow up with your doctor as planned. Of course, see your doctor sooner for any new problem.

In brief: Start up again

Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Susan Uhrich

In brief: Not worried,

But let your doctor know how often you have forgotten to take it.
Without that information, he won't be able to assess the effectiveness of the medication.

In brief: Not worried,

Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Arnon Rubin