I have sickle cell anemia, and I'm currently in the hospital been here for a week, I'm getting fluids and oxygen but my retic count is going up, ?

Dr. Kyon Hood

In brief: That's what you want

It is much better that your reticulocyte count is going up than if it was going down.
It may indicate that your red blood cells (RBCs) are being hemolyzed/destroyed faster than usual, but this often happens during an illness in patients with sickle cell disease. If your reticulocyte count was going down, that would indicate your body isn't making new RBCs, and that would be bad. Get better soon

In brief: That's what you want

Dr. Kyon Hood
Dr. Kyon Hood

In brief: Some items

With anemia, the marrow makes new cells- reticulocytes to recover. If blood draws at hospital can stimulate also.

In brief: Some items

Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Jack Hinkle