Best ssri for panic and anxiety? Take betapace. Cymbalta (duloxetine) too activating. Tried12.5 zoloft. Dizzy after 1 dose. Cleanest ssri?

Dr. Amanda Itzkoff

In brief: Best SSRI 4 anxiety?

I'm sorry you've been struggling to find the right med to treat ur panic d/o.
SSRIs are 'first line' (1st choice) for anxiety disorders, including panic d/o. There truly is no one best SSRI, tho. Keep working with your doc, who can help select the next best choice for you, based on your hx & history of responses thus far. Don't give up on the therapy. Best results r found thru meds & therapy :)

In brief: Best SSRI 4 anxiety?

Dr. Amanda Itzkoff
Dr. Amanda Itzkoff
Dr. Marcie Berman
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Newest are cleanest

Each new generation of SSRIs is supposedly cleaner than originals.
Lexapro or Celexa may be worth trying. Also, Paxil (paroxetine) is less activating than Zoloft or Prozac. All of,these meds have early side effects which disappear when you get used to them. For that reason, a one day trials,of any of these drugs is not enough to either get past side effects or gain therapeutic benefits.

In brief: Newest are cleanest

Dr. Marcie Berman
Dr. Marcie Berman
Dr. Linda Callaghan
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Lexapro (escitalopram).

Lexapro had been dubbed " clean antidepressant" by some but judging on your responses to Cymbalta (duloxetine) and a very small dose of Zoloft, no clean antidepressant can guarantee that you won't have a side-effect.
I would try psychotherapy and learn techniques of overcoming your anxiety and panic attacks. You can use small doses of benzodiazepines as needed temporarily and very short-term.

In brief: Lexapro (escitalopram).

Dr. Linda Callaghan
Dr. Linda Callaghan
Dr. Eric Weisman