ENT scope shows only minor redness on back of the voicebox. only symptoms lump feeling in throat, post nasal drip. What could this be other than LPR?

Dr. Parag Parikh
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: LPR common cause

The commonest finding in fiber optic or laryngeal exam is redness of mucosa of posterior vocal cords,is a strong suggestion of reflux,post nasal drip is also a strong contender,however if symptoms persists,evaluation by a gastroenterologist,to rule out esophageal disease,

In brief: LPR common cause

Dr. Parag Parikh
Dr. Parag Parikh
Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: LPR

Minor redness is certainly compatible with laryngeal-pharyngeal reflux.
But the definitive diagnosis of high reflux is usually substantiated by a Gastroenterologist. The feeling of a lump in the throat along with a feeling of excess mucus in the back of the throat is also typical of LPR. I believe that is the most likely diagnosis. Viral infection is another possibility.

In brief: LPR

Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology