I woke up due to pain. Could this mean I have torsion of testis?

Yes it could. Might also be torsion of an appendix testis or epididymitis. However, testis torsion is an emergency, please get it checked immediately as torsion must be corrected quickly or the testicle could "die". Sometimes torsion can temporarily be corrected by twisting the testicle in a direction as if "opening a book", i.e. Outwards. Please do not delay.
Maybe. If testicle hurts go to er. Time sensitive to save testicle if torsion.