My son has a painful cough, head, body hurts. He's 5 1/2. I gave him Zarbees honey cough syrup last night, seemed to get worse. What else can I do?

Dr. Holly Maes

In brief: Cough/cold

Please treat pain symptoms with something like Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Ibuprofen to help him feel better. I like your choice for cough med - sometimes though, nothing works for coughs, They need to cough to clear increased mucous.
Humidity will often help if irritation in airways, so take him in shower and spend 15-30 minutes in the steam. Push a lot of fluids. If short of breath or high fever, to see doctor.

In brief: Cough/cold

Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology