I'm sixteen. I had a normal period for 2 years then I didn't have a period for a year. The past 6 months i've had 2 light periods. What's wrong?

Dr. Charles Bloom

In brief: Multiple causes…

There can be multiple causes for someone to not have periods.
If someone is too thin, they may not have enough hormones to have regular cycles. In addition, if someone is too heavy, they may have too many hormones to cycle normally. Also, taking hormones like Depo-Provera can result in no periods (amenorrhea). Not ovulating (anovulation) is the cause of the amenorrhea for the reasons above.

In brief: Multiple causes…

Dr. Charles Bloom
Dr. Charles Bloom
Dr. Adam Levy