Minimal brain dysfunction mbd & ADHD & add distinctions?

Dr. Donald Haupt
In brief: Old term
Mbd is the old (pre 1980) term for adhd.
Someone with adhd on the chadd website once joked, "mbd? Does that mean I have a minimal brain or a minimal dysfunction?" add is frequently used to mean adhd without hyperactivity (primarily inattentive type).

In brief: Old term
Dr. Donald Haupt
Dr. Donald Haupt
Dr. Carla Enriquez
In brief: None
These are historical names given to the same neurobiological disorder over past 6 decades.
They are currently now based on the dsm-iv tr. Diagnostic & statistical manual of amer psych asso. It gets revised periodically. The next edition dsm-v is due out soon. The adhd/add nomenclature will be dropped in favor of a more neurologically appropriate & descriptive name-but it's still being discussed.

In brief: None
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Eric Weisman