I was diagnosed with invasive carcinoma breast cancer stage 2/ what's prognosis?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: Very good

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis.
The most recent us data reports a 5-yr survival rate of 81% for stage iia and 74% for stage iib breast ca. However, keep in mind these #s do not take into account the age and/or health of the patient, the specific tumor markers, nor the most current rx options. I am certain that your oncologist can give you much more information about your specific cancer.

In brief: Very good

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Wishing you the very best. Great answer!
Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology

In brief: Good survival.

This stage has at least 65% 5 year survival for stage iib which is where the tumor is >5cm and has metastasis to movable ipsilateral lymph nodes.
In stage iia, the tumor is <= 5 cm with up to the same lymph node situation, and has an 82% 5 year survival.

In brief: Good survival.

Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery