How can I improve my chances of surviving stomach cancer?

Dr. Ritesh Rathore
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: A complete careplan

Getting mutlidisciplinary care, that is, getting a complete team of cancer specialists including surgeons, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, and nutritionists to design and and help complete a comprehensive care plan.
Post-treatment care with weight control, diet changes (more fats and veggies), eliminating smoking and alcohol, an exercise plan, and regular follow-up with the cancer team.

In brief: A complete careplan

Dr. Ritesh Rathore
Dr. Ritesh Rathore
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: In your control is

Paying attention to your body, weight or bowell change, bleeding.
Then choosing a treatment team that has all of the diagnostic options to stage, treat with surgery and radiotherapy and chemotherapy. Turn over the treatment to people that you trust.

In brief: In your control is

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Arnon Rubin