What to do if I have receeding gums and periodentist says What to do if I have to do a vestibular plasty. What's that?

Minor surgery. The procedure that the periodontist is suggesting is minor surgery to release some tension from tight gums and allow the tissues to stretch so the gums will not be pulled away from teeth and bone. It may provide better tissue to graft if needed. Simple surgery using local numbing and quick healing with minor discomfort. .
Vestibular plasty. is a surgical procedure that is often adjunctive for treatment of periodontal disease or for receding gums. the goal of the surgery is reshape your gums to attach them at a different level to make your teeth and soft tissue much healthier. Is a very routine surgery with very good outcomes. Good luck. .