What to do if I have just recently learned What to do if I have bilateral pars defect in l5, what does this mean?

If it is painful. Then the question is congenital, degenerative & is it unstable. Also is its traumatic, this may be very unstable. See a fellowship trained spine surgeon for advice and care. Orthopedic surgeon is my choice but neurosurgeons undergo the same fellowships.