how will my doctor know if I have stomach cancer?

A tough diagnosis. The diagnosis of stomach cancer is a tough one because there are no specific symptoms to point directly to the stomach as the source. There are no early symptoms, but some non-specific ones would be nausea, weight loss, blood in stool, abdominal pain or discomfort, bloating, and loss of appetite. If you have any of these symptoms, see your doctor and a stomach biopsy may be needed.
Many ways. Stomach, or gastric, cancer may be detected by several tests such as barium swallow, ct scan, mri, or endoscopy. A biopsy of any discovered mass is required though to confirm the diagnosis.