What to do if I have braces and I'm getting double-jaw surgery to correct an underbite. How long will What to do if I have to wear braces after the surgery?

Ask. Ask both the Orthodontist and the Oral Surgeon. Your treatment was planned out before your braces went on. It takes 6 weeks for bone to fill surgical sites, 6 months for bone to mature. Usually takes about 6 months to fine tune the occlusion after surgery completed. Good for you having this done...you'll love the results,
Team Discussion. You should have a sit down with your orthodontic/oral surgeon team to discuss all of your concerns. Too many variables to give you specific answers since the extent of treatment needed is unknown.
Orthognathic Surgery. The jaw bones are almost healed after 2-3 months. Orthognathic surgery will help properly align the jaw, and orthodontic braces will then be used to move the teeth into their proper position. Takes 18-24 month. See your orthodontist for more individual information. Good luck.