What to do if I have been prescribed alprazolam and atarax (hydroxyzine). is it ok to get out of bed before I wake up naturally?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Don't understand ?

Xanax (alprazolam) is a very short acting drug, and if you are taking it at night, it likely would be at very low levels by morning.
Atarax is a somewhat sedating antihistamine, but if you are taking that at night, there is not much likelihood of morning residual effects. If it is bothering you, I would talk with your doctor about reducing the dose. Don't know what you mean by 'naturally? - not using alarm?

In brief: Don't understand ?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Krishna Kumar

In brief: Medication effects

I understand your concern.
Alprazolam and Atarax are used for treatment of Anxiety. Both can cause sleepiness. Depending upon daily dose and your time to go to bed, drowsiness can be present in the morning. • See your Psychiatrist to discuss • Diagnosis • Severity of Anxiety needing both Alprazolam and Atarax. • Side effects • Decrease the dose ,then discontinue 1 medication • Therapy for stresses

In brief: Medication effects

I understand your concern.
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Dr. Eric Weisman