Are juice cleanses good for you or are the quackery?

Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Depends
I advocate for juicing to help patients with energy and getting their 7-9 servings of fruits/veggies.
I don't think you necessarily have to go on a juice cleanse unless an integrative physician recommends it. I think its better to eat natural, try elimination of foods that don't agree with you and a green drink or two daily to replenish (kale, spinach, cucumbers, apple, banana, ginger/lemon).

In brief: Depends
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Pathology
In brief: Enjoy
They aren't going to magically remove mythical "toxins" from your body -- you're smart enough to know that already.
But they taste great and are a swell way to get really good nutrients. Several of the athletes i train with love them, and i know physician juicers.

In brief: Enjoy
Dr. Marsha Davis